BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 11 July 2011

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore!

Apparently Australia is phasing out the humble 5 cent coin. I like the 5 cent coin, especially when I'm rummaging around in the bottom of my bag at the supermarket (literally the bottom- there's a hole in the lining) and find twenty 5 cent coins that enables me to go to the cash register and swap it for that pesky dollar you need to get a supermarket trolley.....such a hassle for me as I hardly ever carry around cash anymore.

Well whilst I was scraping the barrel that was my handbag, I found one of my rings that I thought I had lost. I had been looking for it for a long time and had given up. Well, I had the biggest smile when I found it- it made my mad Monday!

My mad Monday was pretty, well, mad! Baby owl spent most of the day unraveling the foil and plastic wrap rolls, putting dirty dishes from the dishwasher back into their respective places, and cleaning my toilet bowl with MY toothbrush. Thanks baby!

I managed to finish off some pendants due to some stock that arrived today. My darling was lovely enough to fold  The Leaning Tower of Pisa (my washing pile) and help me untangle 10 meters of chain.  He knows I'm a little bit Kooky at the moment, due to this infamous market coming up! I have a couple of photos to show (please excuse the poor quality- I have many excuses but I can't make them sound exciting so I won't go into it)
i have included a range of vintage floral images. This is a dome setting

About half of my pendants have charms on them. Sorry. It was 12pm at night and I did not put it on straight (those who know me also know that I button up my kids jacket's wrong so one side is longer than the other)

A vintage butterfly image. Gee my hand is looking a bit old and crabby there...

Some of the rings have a fillagree detail on the band.


 I know this is personal style and not everybody's cup of tea (or coffee)- but I wanted my loot to look not perfect and old....I've also mixed my metal colours. Sorry. But what's a girl to do- I can't make things I don't like can I? 


Thank you for stopping by...I'm off to count sheep :)) Goodnight chicadees!

No comments: