BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Walter's ecstatic!

Walter was very happy today.



He had his third lesson with Norma- and he seems to be keeping in tune!

I have a long way to go, and I seriously need to practise on my legato (smooth playing) between my úp bow' and 'down bow' transition.

I also learnt a bit of pizzicato today (plucking the strings with your right hand) and staccato (articulated, short spaces between the notes).

I'm very addicted to the feeling of playing the violin- the low vibration moving up from my shoulder to my ear and the smell of the wood.

Growing up, my mother always had her "stoopid" music on (teenager term for classical music) and it is only in recent years, that I've come to appreciate it.

 Itzhak Perlman, who is probably the most famous and talented violinist around, can play a mean violin....despite having sausage fingers, he plays it with grace and makes it look so easy! He plays with a napkin under his chin, resting on the violin (I'm guessing more for the sweat factor and not so much for the nacho's) and he also plays sitting down due to having polio when he was a young boy.

 For those that will appreciate, here is a beautiful peace of music...


Hope you have a lovely day- I'm off to prepare for Saturday's market
x






1 comment:

simona said...

I'm glad to hear you and Walter are bonding the way you do ;)
You won't believe it but last year I got to listen to Itzhak Perlman live! My hubby and I got tickets for our anniversary last year, it was such a treat! Thanks for reminding me and bringing back memories.