BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 21 November 2011

To market, to market to buy a pretty painted stone



Isn't it pretty?

Last Sunday, I was ecstatic to take part in the Upwey Grassroots Community Market. From fresh produce, to artists sketches, to handmade children's clothes and to Gingerbread houses- it had it all! Ninety stall holders! and the weather was a treat.

I bought this stone (for Miss number 1 Owl) from one of the artists there, who had beautiful handpainted river rocks as well as canvases....very talented!

There was also Aromatherapy products from Soul Sisters


I had a scratch 'n' sniff and she had some awesome concoctions:) Carmel can be contact through here.

And of course there was the famous Nina from Victorian Strawberry Fields. They came in droves to her stall!

 Nina owns a farm and grows all types of fruits and vegetables that she likes to preserve. From sour cherry jam (I had a taste bud test and this was delicious), black olives in oil, chilli jam, parsley pesto, roasted capsicums and authentic pasta sauces. You can contact Nina here.
I got me some of this beetroot and horseradish relish! Neigh!
Life got quite busy behind the counter. And it got very busy for Kate, Kelly and Danielle too....which brings me to some exciting news...very very soon, you will be able to purchase all of our items (and more) from an online whimsical gift shop....stay tuned for a special post in the next few days!

Leaving you with one of my all time favourite songs (from 90's) and a beautiful, beautiful voice covering it.

I'll give you a little hint: sometimes you feel like you're floating like a feather, In a beautiful world, I wish I was special,You're so very special....................Pour yourself a little something something, put your feet up and tickle your Eustacian tube:)

No comments: