BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday 16 September 2011

Lip smacking balm- DIY tutorial

Today I had fun with my big girl making lip balm. I've had a bad health week and was feeling a little like this:
A stunned fish out of water with unusually large lips, yellow boggly eyes and red finns

So we decided to do something a bit fun and make some lip balm. I bought all of my ingredients from Auroma- a place that has supplied me lots of stuff for soapmaking.

 Here's what you need:



Sa-weet Almond Oil 7tsp

This says scorched almonds. Don't get excited- it's honey! 1 tsp

Bees wax- I hope the bees didn't mind 2 tsp

A fragance or flavouring oil. We used orange essential oil to avoid the chemicals 1/8 tsp

An eager 9 year old who inisted on wearing her masterchef gear

getting her cooking moves ready


An add for a magazine?
Melt the oil and beeswax together in a little pan over low heat until the beeswax is melted. Take off the stove and then add in your honey and whisk it together. When the mixture is nearly cool add in your flavour oil, mix it up again and then pour into your lip balm container. We actually used food colouring in ours- just a little....
Ta- daaaaaa..ready to be labelled and given away as pressie's
Have a lovely weekend everybody

No comments: