BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 17 October 2011

To market, to market to buy a fat cow.

Well I didn't buy a fat cow exactly...but I did buy a nice pair of leather slippers that probably came from a fat cow.

This weekend past, I was fortunate enough to participate in a music festival market and a weekend away, from my little family, for the first time EVER!

Kelly and Kate from Chirpy Lane, Danielle and her cute, quirky daughter Sienna from Curiouser and supermum Megan were my market buddies- and we all had a lovely time!

Despite the sky looking like this:



....we had a great time, and success for all of us too. Kelly and Kate make beautiful children's clothing and accessories. Here are some pics of their awesome stock:







....and I shared my stall with Danielle. Because both our items have a vintage arty feel to it out things complimented eachother:).....





her artwork is amazing!



This was my view from the other side of the world:




Sienna weaved her magic and was able to flutter her eyelashes and melt most hearts at the market. She's my hero :)




And there must have been some magic in the grass in Anglesea because my footwear suddenly changed from this:




To this:
Duck feet?

Well, almost, I actually bought these cool leather Morrocan slippers from this pretty lady and the cool dude in the yellow shoes above:


After the market, they were going home to enjoy a baked potato and a glass of wine. Yum!

Despite the rain, there were a few people who came out to play! Thank you Anglesea!

On our drive home Sunday, we stopped at the amazing Mill Markets in Geelong. The Mill Markets has over 70 stallholders, offering a unique collection of antiques, collectables and vintage clothing. I could spend two days there!











Oodles and oodles of realy cool furniture, homewares and clothing. I'll need to go back with a cut lunch packed!

Well, it's back to normality for this kooky owl- attempting toilet training for the nearly 2, baby owl is on the agenda..... next market is in my favourite street...Brunswick street!! Have a great night everybody!

2 comments:

simona said...

I wish this planet was a whole lot smaller, then we could all meet easier! I'd totally come visit you at the markets!! I haven't seen Danielle in 6 years, I think I saw Sienna last 7 or 8 years ago (yes, she was tiny but already sweet) and I never got to meet Kelly yet. It's just great how you guys all get together and do the market stands. I have yet to find a partner in crime :)

Nadya said...

@Simona, thank you for your kind words...maybe you should move closer- it's nice to have friendly, like-minded people around:)